Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mopar Philco 807 AM Radio

Hi folks.

New here to the forum. I have a 1950 Dodge Meadowbrook with a Mopar 807 AM radio that I'm told is actually a Philco.

My dad has repaired it, replacing capacitors, vibrators and othe items and even put in an Ipod input Icon_mrgreen so it can play Ipod music and receive FM. (I love the mix of old and new tech, I tell folks that the radio plays Ipods, but it needs a minute to warm up before you can hear them Icon_lol

Anyway, the potentiometer spindles are threaded and used to attach it to the car dashboard. I noticed the threads on these nuts seems to match nothing. No metric nor English thread seems to fit. It seems to be a 7/16" but the pitch is neither 14 nor 20.

I have 2 of the nuts and they are used to fasten the chrome button plate to the radio but need 2 others to fasten the radio to the dash.

Is my only option to find another radio with them or is there a source with these weird threads?

I have been trying to find out what thread those are myself GM radios are a larger nut and a odd thread too , When I need nuts like those I buy a parts radio , I've got some of the MOPAR radio nuts You don't need to get a 1950 Dodge 807 radio to get the nuts, any Plymouth,DeSoto,and Chrysler49-54 will work .