Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Transitone Information Model 2

I have a tube radio that inside has a label that says Philco Transitone Model 2. It is the tube unit only I do not have the dash piece with the dial pieces. I received this with a truck load of 1928- 31 Model A Ford parts. Any information on this is greatly appreciated. I am going to attempt to attach a couple of images of it. Thanks,, AL

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

It is a CT 2 ,it was built for the 1935 Chrysler,DeSoto,Dodge and Plymouth, depending on witch head control it had, the Airflow used a different radio, I've owned and worked on a few of these.
I once had a PT 2 that was built for the 1935 Packard, same radio only with an external speaker.

Bill: if you have worked on the C T2 chassis, do you have voltage readings for all the tubes? I could use that info to help me fix the CT2 I am trying to fix right now.
Also, on the tube pin layout, does pin one start just to the right of the 2 bigger pins?
Your help will be greatly appreciated by me. I am not very familiar with 1930s car radios.
Jay Icon_confused

Hey Jay
If you need the pin outs go here and down to about the middle there you will find a drawing of them.
http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showth...p?tid=2161
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Here's the info on it: http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013977.pdf
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry