Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-7CS decal question

Hello,
I'm new on this forum, but pretty familiar with ARF - glad I found you folks! I picked this one up at auction and have a question. Did this chairside have decals around the knobs to indicate thier function? This one doesn't, but really shows no wear in these areas. Finish is pretty good, no veneer issues, and it works! It's on the bench awaiting a recap. Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim, and welcome!

The only decal used on your Philco would be the PHILCO trademark - NO decals around any of the knobs.

Hope this helps,

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks "Mr Philco",
I was pretty sure that was the case, but it's sure nice to get verification from someone who knows! I appreciate this forums existance & that there's a place we can get GOOD info!
Thanks Again, Jim

What decals should I have on my 37-650? It has the "PHILCO" at the top above the dial, should it have others, and what size?

Thanks,
Scott

Old Cars, Old Radios, Old Pipes and Young Women... What more is there?

Hi Robbie (or is it Scott?)

Again, only the PHILCO trademark, no others.

[Image: http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k420/...decal3.jpg]

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron! I didn't see any markings near the knobs, and had been under the assumption they had worn off with use. Interesting to see there weren't any!

My name is Scott, I go by the nickname "Robbie" with my WWII RAF living history friends, but am starting to use it elsewhere as well- although I often forget and sign as "Scott"...lol... So either is fine with me! Icon_smile

I'm looking forwward to buying a copy of your Philco book shortly! Looks very interesting, just haven't had the funds yet.

Thanks again,
Scott, a.k.a. Robbie

Old Cars, Old Radios, Old Pipes and Young Women... What more is there?

Ron;
Would it be inappropriate to add knob I.D. to the 39-7?
Dan Icon_redface

Hey Dan, welcome back! Icon_biggrin

Well...as the old saying goes, "it's your radio and you can do with it as you wish," but it would be incorrect to place decals around the knobs on a 38-7 since it did not have any originally.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN