Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1936 Packard Radio

Hi Guys
I was talking with a chap who has a nice Packard he is restoring and he was looking to have some radio done. Never wanting to turn down a buck I offered. This is what I've got radio sez PH-122 and could find it in Riders but did find a model PHXD that sure looks like it. It's a nice set for '36 and want to do a good job for guy. So are they the same???
Tnx much
Terry

(04-12-2012, 03:30 PM)7estatdef Wrote:  Hi Guys
I was talking with a chap who has a nice Packard he is restoring and he was looking to have some radio done. Never wanting to turn down a buck I offered. This is what I've got radio sez PH-122 and could find it in Riders but did find a model PHXD that sure looks like it. It's a nice set for '36 and want to do a good job for guy. So are they the same???
Tnx much
Terry

Will check my archives tonight. Many 30s Philco auto radios looked very similar. Will see if I have the Philco Model PH-122. Some were OEM and some were aftermarket, even then.

Chuck

Sorry, none of my info has this PH-122 model.
I may be a Philco model not documented in the standard literature.

Also, the Model is most likely PH, Code 122 version. Many models were written as "model number-code version."
It could very well be a version of the PHXD, which in my info is a 1937 model for Packard Car Co.

Chuck

Packard had different radios for the each model in the same year, I once owned and restored a PT-2 Philco for a 1935 Packard 110 it was electronicly the same as the CT-2, that's a 1935 Chrysler radio, for 1936 Chrysler used the CT-11, if this is a smaller Packard ,110,120 maybe it's a PT-11? I'll check my Riders, I also onwed and restore a 1938 Packard 120 radio but I can't remember what model number it was.

Have two more questions. Can I power this set with 6VAC? and what is the purpose of 76?
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...014119.pdf
Terry