Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grillecloth for a Model 41-285 Console

Dear Philco Phorum friends, I have the Grillecloth Headquarters order sheet, and Web site address, do any of those patterns Accurately represent the proper pattern for the Philco Model 41-285 console?? My old cloth is so plain and faded I can't even tell the original color, just the weave of the cloth. Just putting the finishing touches on this one and wan't to keep it as close to original as possible. Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, BOBC.

BOBC - can you post a picture or scan of the old cloth you now have? I don't have an actual photo of this model so I can't compare it to anything. Thanks.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for the reply Ron, actually I don't have a scanner or dockable digital camara right now, but I think the original piece of cloth will do upon further cleaning and removal of mud wasp nests from the cloth! I don't believe the cloth was the focal point for the radio as there were 9 wooden slats across the grill area with no more than a pinkey space between each slat, so you really can't see but thin views of the background cloth. I guess knowing the intact cloth is original is good enough for me right now. Sorry I couldn't show the cloth pic, but thank you for responding just the same. BOBC