Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Transitone model #3 in my 1929 Lincoln

I have the radio in my car but it is missing the speaker, and I don't even know what it looks like. The pot-metal dial housing (pat. dates from Jan 4 '21 - July 5 '27) has crumbled and needs to be replaced. Other than that, physically it looks to be intact.
My question is where to find these parts or even better, someone who might have them and could fix my radio. Any help with information about this would be greatly appreciated. I could also send pictures if that would be of any help. Thank you !!

HI: the Transitone 3 came out in 1931 , it was the first Philco Transitone auto radio Philco bought out The AUTOMOBILE RADIO CORP, they built the two
Transitones models be for that ,1929 ,1930 , I have a 1930 Transitone made by AUTOMOBILE RADIO CORP. , I believe there was two different head controls for the Transitone 3 one a steering colum control and one an indash controle I have the face plate for the indash Transitone 3 drop me a line at radio_29chevy@yahoo.com If I can help you ,BILL

Hello carl,
I have a Model 3 Transitone, it is rough on the outside but containes alot of salvageable parts inside. The remote plate is really nice also, but the controls are hurting.
It also has a good key and lock.

Also, a really neat thing is the tubes are all their. One really cool thing is some have a sticker that says " Sold by June Dubois " " Vineland, NJ" "Expert radio servicing"..

I was going to restore the radio, now a days i'm too busy.

So, if you still need parts...contact me.

Tom Cook
702-813-5304
Icon_wave
Admin note: Price removed as ads are not permitted in this section of the Phorum.

Have you got a "GOOD" dial scale for a Transitone 3?