Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 50-T1430 Question

Mostly I need to figure out what CRT this set uses. It appears to be a 12 inch CRT, but there is no number listed on the tube diagram that I can see and it appears the number on the tube has been rubbed off or is totally concealed under the ion trap. What type CRT is this? Need the correct number to test it. One other note, I noticed two pins aren't used by the TV socket and it appears to be the original Philco tube.

No matter where you go, there you are.

It uses a 12" 12LP4. You can download the Sams Photofact courtesy of the Early TV Foundation here: http://www.earlytelevision.org/images/Ph...-114-9.pdf

Those two pins are not connected to anything internally. I believe they're just there to help the socket grip the base.

I have two sister sets - the 50T-1401 and 50T-1402. I haven't restored either yet, but I've heard they are good performers.

Thanks. This will help me in finding out whether the CRT is still alive or not. If not, I will be going on a hunt. Round CRT Philcos rarely pop up around my area. Usually if you find a set it's an RCA or GE.

Looked in my stuff, can't find a thing, but 12BP4 sticks in my head, as I remember putting it on top of a 10BP4 when I was a kid cleaning up the celler of a distributer. Remaining ones under 17 inch were sent to dumpster a couple of years later to make space. Sorry.

banderson is correct. That model uses a 12LP4/A,B.

Well, good news! Tested the picture tube tonight and if I did all things correctlu, it reads as good. That's a big relief! Now to figure out why someone removed the high voltage cage. Supposedly this TV had one, but it's not there and I see no mounting for points for it around the flyback and HV tube.

Post pics. I have part of an HV cage and a fly if needed. Email me privately for more details.

Visit the world's worst TV restoration website.

http://evilfurnaceman.tripod.com

Thanks Big Dave. I will post pictures soon. I am hoping my flyback is still alive, but will defnitely keep you in mind if it isn't.