Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-629

I have a Philco 41-629 that I am thinking about making my next restoration project and wonder if any forum members have experience with this model.
It has the Beam of Light pickup and also has the recording function.
I have the Riders information and it has no information about the recording function.
Would love to see any discussions about this radio.
Regards, Paul

I did one a couple of years ago. I got the BOL to work pretty good. I had to have the two drive wheels re-done of course. I replaced the voltage cell with a coin changer cell and have all of the voltage I need. I figure this is a good thing since I was able to adjust a compensator on the chassis (forget the number) to reduce the feed to the lamp (I have the original) so that when you switch between the radio and phono the volume is about the same. It results in a slightly less bright lamp but I figure it will last with less RF (?) applied to it. I did nothing to the recording option except to polish up the recording "speaker". If I remember right it is a 3" PM speaker.

As far as the chassis I did the usual caps/resistors. Did find that I had several opens in the OT but I was able to unwind and solder about a half dozen breaks. Lost probably a couple of turns is all. I have the cabinet on my to do list. It isn't in too bad a shape.

Hey Marv:
Who re-did your drive wheels for you?

Gregb