Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 39-45 Push Buttons

I pulled the chassis out of the cabinet this morning to clean and lubricate the push button deck and found something that made me pretty happy. The preset station coil that I thought was missing, isn't. Someone had "adjusted" the slug all the way in until it fell out the front end. Icon_wtf (herp derp) It was just a matter of fitting it back into the coil and reversing the screw until it was returned to its proper place. Now I have all 8 preset stations.

While I had it out, I went ahead and replaced the formerly rubber-insulated wires on the preset assembly. I'm also going to touch up the dial glass paint before everything goes back in.

It's not how bad you mess up, it's how well you can recover.

I know this thread is a bit old, just wondering if the OP found a solution for the loose buttons?

I have the same problem, and also believe that I have installed them correctly.

There are a couple of photos here; http://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopi...6&t=301602

Thanks

Russ

Sorry about getting back so late on this.

To answer your question:
The solution was to just quit worrying about it.
They wiggle. Meh.

Thanks for the link to your pics. They confirm the position I thought they were supposed to be in.

I think it looks pretty good, I like the angles, very 40's to me. Enjoy.

Paul 

Tubetalk1

These buttons would have looked really spiffy had they been back lit.
Philco missed out on a chance to jazz up this set.

(08-26-2016, 10:56 AM)Eric T Wrote:  These buttons would have looked really spiffy had they been back lit.

Well, one could always rig up a warm white LED behind the pushbuttons running off the 6.3 volt filament winding, something easily removable, and which would not add too much extra of current load to the winding.
Regards
Arran

(08-27-2016, 01:35 AM)Arran Wrote:  
(08-26-2016, 10:56 AM)Eric T Wrote:  These buttons would have looked really spiffy had they been back lit.

Well, one could always rig up a warm white LED behind the pushbuttons running off the 6.3 volt filament winding, something easily removable, and which would not add too much extra of current load to the winding.
Regards
Arran
Hmmmmm......
Very interesting idea.