Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BV-613 various questions

Hi David and welcome,
You might try sending Richard an email thru the Phorum. Seems he has the info you are seeking. If he still has the same email address you've got a chance to get a hold of him.  If it was built here in the states it may have an equivalent set that was produced for the auto industry or something very close. Would require a bit of researcher to sort.
Good Luck!
de N3GTE

Attached Files Image(s)

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thanks Terry! That's the radio in the picture. I was surprised to see the wire aerial - mine has had a car aerial type socket installed which I thought was original.

I'll email Richard for the details.

Thanks again

David
M0IDF

Hello! I am new to the forum. I have just purchased this green radio. I don't know much about the conditions it is as it is sold as is. I have not received it yet but I would like to show you some pictures. I can't wait to return to life this little puppy

This is what the seller reported:

Quote:I have tested the radio with 6VDC ,the vibrator pack is working,buzzing away but there is no sound output.

I also noticed that the RF valve (ARP34) does not seem to be lit up like the rest of the valves,which i (think) maybe down to a failure of one or more capacitors and some of the capacitors look to of been replaced at some point,i get the feeling this was a project that somebody never got around to completing.

The radio does need a replacement DC lead on it as the cloth covered one is past its best (see pictures).

The radio does have the odd mark as does most military equipment.

Thank you

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok. I managed to clean the contacts on the vibrator and it started to buzz.
After that still no sound. I checked tubes with an injector but there was nothing. I suspected the speaker was not ok. After resoldering a bad contact on the solder pad of the speaker and changed a capacitor on the antenna stage iit os back to life

https://youtu.be/Esm3MfTy-a4

Welcome to the Phorum Cesardeluxe!
Icon_wave

Nice video!
Glad you got it revived. I'm a little surprised that your able to hear much programing down in the LW band. Here in the states there's very little to hear, a few beacons and a lot of noise.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry