Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fm radio antenna

hi Brenda and guy`s
here`s my problem
I work in a all metal building radio is a sansui r-50 with just a old two way radio antenna connected to the side of building. now they are remodeling for natural gas filling station Icon_wtf until now radio worked fine. now all we get is local talk /pop station thinking with all the new equipment and wires it is interfering ? any one know a good antenna I can use
thanks sam

A home made folded dipole may well work better than what you've been using. Get yourself about 10' of 300 ohm twinlead, cut a piece about 5' long. Strip the ends down about 1/4", and solder the two wires together on both ends. At the halfway mark on the piece you just made up, cut the wire on one side. Strip both parts about 1/2", then strip both ends of the remaining piece of twinlead, attach one end to the two wires you have prepared. Voila! you have a dipole antenna tuned for the center of the FM band (it works well across the entire band). The antenna will be somewhat directional, you will have to maneuver the ends around for the best signal on your chosen station.

Yes, please try. Also an ancient TV dipole "ears" may do well, either way, they are always directional as well as prone to any other twisting and placement.