Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to make a new dial cover tutorial

NICE,,,NOW ,,you can sell them,,,GREAT

Well....I still am willing to pay for Mark Palmquist's lenses vs DIM ones. At $20 shipped (I believe in Kutztown it was a bit less) for me it makes sense. He also makes glass ones. Plus the gaskets.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Sell them? NAh, IT is .50 cents in plastic.. $20.00 each is a bit crazy....
The hard part is making the form but still.

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Flat-bottomed are easier. Then there are lenses, convex. Etc.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Not trying to be critical, but is anybody else having trouble following this tutorial? I really would like to try this, but I get lost at step 6 where it says: "Then attach the cutout to the center". What is the "cutout", and to the center of what? In step 5, he refers to the cutout as the piece with the hole in it (the masonite-looking material in the picture). Is this the "cutout"? Doesn't look like it in the picture associated with step 6. Why would there be a need to attach it to the "center" of the other half-inch piece of material if the two half-inch pieces are roughly the same size? Does he mean attach the "insert", which is the term he uses for the quarter-inch material (the rounded-corner rectangle) in step 5?

It gets even worse for me in step 7, "bottom of the template", "base of the template", "top of the template", "bottom half"? Maybe too many terms for the same piece, or maybe I'm reading too much into it. The tutorial looks like it has a lot of potential if I could just get through steps 6 and 7. Anybody care to clarify?

Hi Mark, welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Kirk (Oldrestorer) is on the Phorum a lot so I'm sure he'll be happy to help you figure it out.

I hope the new pics help..
Thank you for questioning it. I need feedback to make it understandable..
Let me know if there is anything else...

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6