Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Look what Ron missed

Ron,
I did not know that about the Radio Shack receivers of the 60s. In the middle-late 60s I purchased a Fisher receiver at the shack .No tubes all transistors ,FETs as I recall. It was a H**l of a unit . I gave it to a friend's brother maybe in the early 90s along with a pair of Radio Shack Electrostatic 2A speakers that I bought with the receiver.
Henry

The 1967 Fishers (700-T, 500-T) were the first with FET FM front ends - they called it "Super Synchrode."

Fisher also made either a tuner or a receiver for Radio Shack which was sold under the Realistic name. I do not remember right now which one that was, but it was a tube unit, early 1960s, I think.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Just looked - it was an FM tuner, Realistic model 214, 1962.

If you go to the link below and turn to page 88, you can see it:
http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalogs/1962/

And if you look on page 129, you will see the cabinet which we have one of in our living room - the "Stunning Cabinet To Hold The Heart Of Your Matched Stereo System." Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron,
Good stuff . It's fun to look back in the old catalogs. That's a stunning cabinet.
Henry

Nice stuff, love that cabinet Ron! I have the Harmon Kardon A300 that's on page 128, its a really nice sounding little amp. Uses the 7408 output tube which I believe to be a 6V6GT with some changes.

Gregb