Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A pioneer SX 3500 receiver?

I was at a friends mothers house helping her clean and she said she had some electronics for me. She showed me an awesome TV but also had a pioneer thingy. I know I know,
Wondering if it is anything good like a Fisher or should be donated. She needs the cash so I want to check before bye bye...

Thanks
Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Don't know anything about the receiver, but what was the 'awesome tv'? Icon_biggrin

Let's see...(looking it up)...made from 1980 to 1982...20 watts per channel...near the bottom of the line when it was in production but has the "Fluroscan" display (power meter, tuning meter and stereo indicator) above the dial which some folks might like.

A look at completed sales on eBay reveals that this receiver has sold mostly in the $25 to $50 range, with one going as low as $6.50 and one as high as $100.

Pioneers seem to be well made, well respected receivers overall...from what I have read.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

hey kirk
do you try pioneer ?
sam

Heck, put it on eBay, you might get lucky. Or not. I never seem to do any good selling on eBay. Maybe you'll do better.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Did I try it? no
It was on a shelf not near an outlet and I didn't have any interest in it so didn't think of it.

I didnt even think to look it up on the google!
silly me.
Guess it goes in the garage sale pile for her.

As for the TV it is an RCA Victor model 8TS30
In working order but unrestored. She plugged it in, not me. I scolded her for it too. lol

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Oof Dah!