Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dynaco, Dynakits, etc.

Dynaco stuff seems to have a cult following among audiophools these days, more so then EICO or Heath audio stuff, I have no idea why. Most of that kit stuff was made to a price, you would get an excellent part like the output transformer, but then they would skimp on something else like the power transformer. This was why a lot of these things used imported tubes like Mullard or Telefunken types, it had nothing to do with sound quality. In the 1950s and 60s a lot of Canadian radios and TVs used imported tubes and imported capacitors like TCC and Hunts, the Canadian dollar was worth more then not only a U.S dollar but also more then a British pound. Up until the Japanese stuff started flowing in most of the cheap stuff came from Britain.
Regards
Arran

Quote:but also more then a British pound
(Than intended here) Icon_smile

Really? I recall in the early 60s the Canadian Dollar being about $1.04 against the US Dollar and the Pound Sterling to be in the range of 2.60-2.80

Well, I like them, but I don't consider myself an Audio-Pile.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

I'm guilty.. I've got the sound values ST70i knock off from the early 2000's.. I just gave it a tune up recently. rolled a bunch of various 6GH8A's through it. dropped in some JJ KT-77s. sounds pretty sweet.

I must say that I really like my MKIII's and anyone that has listened to them really likes what they hear.

Gregb