Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1952 Philco 52-T2151

Hello all,

Looking for a little help. At a standstill with this set. Set uses the Philco split chassis RF71 & G1 Sweep chassis. Have serious vertical issues and have been through the vert oscillator and output circuits and the obvious tube test, pot checks, etc and cannot find anything that seems amiss. Set was recently re-capped, and at first was operating better than this, but still had a vertical issue that has elevated to this. Do I have a vertical yoke winding issue?
I have not checked voltages - mainly because I can't figure out how to get the chassis's out and connected to power up and have enough room to install the test sockets or from underneath without smoking myself! So operating really from the dark. But if someone can offer suggestions, it would be appreciated. I think I have just stared at this thing too long.
ThanksIcon_wtf

[attachment=4132]

Attached Files Image(s)

Vertical out and/or blocking oscillator transformers are more common problems than yokes. We need more information before condemning either one.

What are the exact symptoms? Can you provide a picture or description?

You can remove the deflection chassis and position it so that you only need a high voltage extension. Then use a very short jumper to connect the high voltage to the CRT anode and keep clear of it.

Yeah, sorry. I thought I had attached it....then I left town and saw today it didn't show. Kind of hard to get a idea of the problem without it.

Thanks

Adjusting the height and lin controls should make a difference. It looks like both are up too high. If that doesn't help, check for tin whiskers in the controls. At this point, transformers and yoke look OK.

Couple of new pots for the height and Vert Lin and all is well. The old ones ohmed out ok, and I couldn't see any whiskers.....but oh well. It works now! Case closed. Thanks a lot!Icon_clap

Attached Files Image(s)

Great job guys!!!!
Terry

Naissss.....would love to fox one of those one day.
Fixed a small crapload of them BWs in the old country, all 60s and early 70 Soviet models.

Here is the Philco 52-T2151 after cabinet restoration. Turned out pretty sweet. A friend who does woodwork for a hobby offered to refinish it. He did a wonderful job!!!!! After being in a barn for 20 years, and having the original CRT, she's back in limited service in the bar area of my basement.

Looks sweet!

Wonderful! Reminds me of Grampa & Grandma's
living room tv growing up in the 50s.

Chuck