Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Finds inside radios?

Dry mice like dry fish could make a nice beer snack.

Quote:Did you try reviving them?

You know a little mouth to snout
No, but I tried my daughter's miniature Fisher Price defibrillator on the big one Icon_silent

Quote:Dry mice like dry fish could make a nice beer snack.
Note to self: when in Russian bar, do not ask for snacks Icon_shh

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Did anyone ever find money in a old radio? A couple hundred would be a great find. A good hiding place?

I found an Indian Head Penny. Probably the reason the B+ circuitry was fried. Made restoring a Crosley 146 even more stupid-difficult than the usual Crosley stupid difficult.

I say this because Crosley was advertised as an "affordable" set. They used cheap components and squeezed them on to or under a small chassis.
The ones I specialize in (1932-35) were especially prone to MARVELOUS problems.

I agree. Crosley radios are aggravating. Most of them aren't real great performers either. They certainly don't compare to Philcos.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Even mice preferred to die in Philcos, not Crosleys. And they preferred Philco wire insulation.

When removing the chassis of a GE K80 radio I bought this old photo was found that had been slid underneath. Admiral Byrd "little America" Antarctica and a date of June 23, 1934 is written on the rear. Have no idea if it is the same radio in the photo or if someone bought the radio and happened to have an original photo they put inside. I have another photo that came along with a 16B that I bought but it was given to me by the owner.

Attached Files Image(s)

Somewhere I saw a step-by-step description of a guy restuffing the 'lytic in a Zenith TO. He put a $1 bill in the restuffed cap along with a note. I think he said he puts a dollar bill in every cap he restuffs.

John Honeycutt