The PHILCO Phorum
Radio Identification - Printable Version

+- The PHILCO Phorum (https://philcoradio.com/phorum)
+-- Forum: Philco Radio Discussions (https://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Philco Home Radios (https://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Radio Identification (/showthread.php?tid=11995)

Pages: 1 2

Radio Identification - Solid Gold Amusements - 04-03-2015

I have found a small Philco wood table radio which I cannot identify. Maybe not even Philco? Did Philco supply chassis for other companies? Chassis #T29518. Is there a way to use the chassis ID to find info? The grill is just a cut out of the letter "R". Five tube using a 7C6, 35Z3. The others I cannot read. This radio is rough but a challenge. I have restored several Philco radios in the past and wish I had this site then! Thanks. Bob Icon_thumbup

RE: Radio Identification - morzh - 04-03-2015

A photo possibly would make sense, maybe?

RE: Radio Identification - OldRestorer - 04-03-2015

I have only seen one radio with a "R" cutout. It only says special on the label and it is a console that looks like a 41-300.

Pic would be good

Kirk

RE: Radio Identification - klondike98 - 04-03-2015

Welcome to the Phorum!!
Here's how to post an image.

RE: Radio Identification - Solid Gold Amusements - 04-03-2015

Here is the picture of the Philco. Earlier I did not have my camera with me but was anxious to fine some info on this. Evidently I should have waited to avoid sarcasm. I am still interested in identifying this radio and who knows, maybe it is a rare model? However, after this I won't be bother to post as this is not a friendly site. Thanks.

RE: Radio Identification - radiodocs - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 04:27 PM)Solid Gold Amusements Wrote:  Here is the picture of the Philco. Earlier I did not have my camera with me but was anxious to fine some info on this. Evidently I should have waited to avoid sarcasm. I am still interested in identifying this radio and who knows, maybe it is a rare model? However, after this I won't be bother to post as this is not a friendly site. Thanks.

Boy, what a grouch Icon_cry

RE: Radio Identification - morzh - 04-03-2015

I do not mean to be sarcastic, but...is this a whole radio?

RE: Radio Identification - Radioroslyn - 04-03-2015

Would suspect that chassis is a Transitone of some vintage 1938-42 or so. It's not a standard Philco production cabinet. Maybe the chassis was retro fitted to that cabinet or possible the cabinet is homemade/high school wood shop project. In any event those vintage Transitones are wired with rubber coated wire which deteriorates. With there smallish chassis makes them a bit of a pita the repair/restore.
Gud Lk
Terry

Actually, I don't think this is really worth restoring but ok for a few parts. One tube is actually rusted in place. The RF coil is shot as is the speaker. This is all that is left of the cabinet. My concern was I had never seen one like it even in pictures. I do think the cabinet is factory due to the precision cuts to make the top bend, etc. I would hate to part it out if there is a die hard Philco guy who needed it as an unusual example. I have two Transitones and my first thought was an offbeat company was using those chassis. That's what makes this hobby so interesting. Bob

RE: Radio Identification - Ron Ramirez - 04-03-2015

+1 what Terry said. It isn't a factory Philco cabinet.

Yes, this is a friendly site, but please do not expect us to automatically agree that this is some extremely rare factory set when it is not.

RE: Radio Identification - sam - 04-03-2015

Welcome bob
We are friendly lots of people come ask leave again 
Would like to see rest of cabinet though
Sam

Ron
1. I never expected anyone to agree on anything....Geeezz!
2. I never said it was rare, in fact it is a piece of junk. But If it was rare and there was one of you out there that would like it as part of their collection, I would give it to them!
3. I am not a Johnny-come-lately in the collection field. Visit my You Tube Site at Town Line Garage. I do however look for advice and people to correspond with concerning old jukeboxes and radios.
4. I have only been a member two days and I feel like I have a target on me over a lack of a picture and now the way I word my posting.
5. Bye

RE: Radio Identification - OldRestorer - 04-03-2015

I am sorry you are having these feelings. No one is attacking or trying to upset you. This Phorum is a great bunch of guys.
You have to take everything with a grain of salt. posting online doesnt relay what someone is saying very well. Sarcasm can be something misconstrued. We only want to help you and it is not a piece of crap. It is a radio that should be restored and appreciated. More info was needed to give us a better idea of how to help you. The moderators would never let anything like that go on. I am at the top of the jokes and sarcasm list usually but it is in good fun with these members. No one should have joked before getting to know you.

Kirk

RE: Radio Identification - Jayce - 04-03-2015

Wow... he seemed a bit... touchy... I didn't see any issue with any of the posts myself?

RE: Radio Identification - Ron Ramirez - 04-03-2015

So long, and don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way out... Icon_rolleyes

Or, in other words, don't go away mad...just go away. Icon_wave

Folks, I also saw nothing wrong with any of the replies here.