Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radio Identification

I have found a small Philco wood table radio which I cannot identify. Maybe not even Philco? Did Philco supply chassis for other companies? Chassis #T29518. Is there a way to use the chassis ID to find info? The grill is just a cut out of the letter "R". Five tube using a 7C6, 35Z3. The others I cannot read. This radio is rough but a challenge. I have restored several Philco radios in the past and wish I had this site then! Thanks. Bob Icon_thumbup

A photo possibly would make sense, maybe?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I have only seen one radio with a "R" cutout. It only says special on the label and it is a console that looks like a 41-300.

Pic would be good

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Welcome to the Phorum!!
Here's how to post an image.

Here is the picture of the Philco. Earlier I did not have my camera with me but was anxious to fine some info on this. Evidently I should have waited to avoid sarcasm. I am still interested in identifying this radio and who knows, maybe it is a rare model? However, after this I won't be bother to post as this is not a friendly site. Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-03-2015, 04:27 PM)Solid Gold Amusements Wrote:  Here is the picture of the Philco. Earlier I did not have my camera with me but was anxious to fine some info on this. Evidently I should have waited to avoid sarcasm. I am still interested in identifying this radio and who knows, maybe it is a rare model? However, after this I won't be bother to post as this is not a friendly site. Thanks.

Boy, what a grouch Icon_cry

I do not mean to be sarcastic, but...is this a whole radio?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Would suspect that chassis is a Transitone of some vintage 1938-42 or so. It's not a standard Philco production cabinet. Maybe the chassis was retro fitted to that cabinet or possible the cabinet is homemade/high school wood shop project. In any event those vintage Transitones are wired with rubber coated wire which deteriorates. With there smallish chassis makes them a bit of a pita the repair/restore.
Gud Lk
Terry

Actually, I don't think this is really worth restoring but ok for a few parts. One tube is actually rusted in place. The RF coil is shot as is the speaker. This is all that is left of the cabinet. My concern was I had never seen one like it even in pictures. I do think the cabinet is factory due to the precision cuts to make the top bend, etc. I would hate to part it out if there is a die hard Philco guy who needed it as an unusual example. I have two Transitones and my first thought was an offbeat company was using those chassis. That's what makes this hobby so interesting. Bob

+1 what Terry said. It isn't a factory Philco cabinet.

Yes, this is a friendly site, but please do not expect us to automatically agree that this is some extremely rare factory set when it is not.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Welcome bob
We are friendly lots of people come ask leave again 
Would like to see rest of cabinet though
Sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

Ron
1. I never expected anyone to agree on anything....Geeezz!
2. I never said it was rare, in fact it is a piece of junk. But If it was rare and there was one of you out there that would like it as part of their collection, I would give it to them!
3. I am not a Johnny-come-lately in the collection field. Visit my You Tube Site at Town Line Garage. I do however look for advice and people to correspond with concerning old jukeboxes and radios.
4. I have only been a member two days and I feel like I have a target on me over a lack of a picture and now the way I word my posting.
5. Bye

I am sorry you are having these feelings. No one is attacking or trying to upset you. This Phorum is a great bunch of guys.
You have to take everything with a grain of salt. posting online doesnt relay what someone is saying very well. Sarcasm can be something misconstrued. We only want to help you and it is not a piece of crap. It is a radio that should be restored and appreciated. More info was needed to give us a better idea of how to help you. The moderators would never let anything like that go on. I am at the top of the jokes and sarcasm list usually but it is in good fun with these members. No one should have joked before getting to know you.

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Wow... he seemed a bit... touchy... I didn't see any issue with any of the posts myself?

No matter where you go, there you are.

So long, and don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way out... Icon_rolleyes

Or, in other words, don't go away mad...just go away. Icon_wave

Folks, I also saw nothing wrong with any of the replies here.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN