The PHILCO Phorum
A spontaneous occurrence... - Printable Version

+- The PHILCO Phorum (https://philcoradio.com/phorum)
+-- Forum: Philco Radio Discussions (https://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Philco Home Radios (https://philcoradio.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: A spontaneous occurrence... (/showthread.php?tid=23091)

A spontaneous occurrence... - OldRestorer - 12-11-2021

So I damaged my back doing stupid things like..... moving and walking... Sometimes bending. I have been in bed for a while. This started 16 days ago so I have been online for 3 days straight. I have been so good not buying any new radios. Not even table tops! 

Then last night it failed miserably.... 
I was perusing eBay and a Philco popped up with only 3 minutes left. The bid was $50.00 so I threw in a bid and WON! I got it from Willy so I will have to go to the ghetto to pick it up at Greyhound. I don't see that happening with my back. Ill have to bring someone...

This is a model 19 supposedly.

COOOOOL as HECK right?

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - Ron Ramirez - 12-11-2021

Fifty bucks? Well, I don't blame you! Congratulations.

Of course the cabinet is not factory original but is a custom job. Nevertheless, it is still quite unique.

Take care of your back, young man. Hope you feel better soon.

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - RodB - 12-11-2021

Cool, reminds me of grandma's furniture. Does the rug come with it?

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - GarySP - 12-11-2021

Now, do the side cabinets open into a radiobar as well? Now that would be class! Great grab Kirk! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - klondike98 - 12-11-2021

Nothing seems to keep you down Kirk! Nice find. Hope your back mends soon.

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - Simon Wa3uay - 12-11-2021

Only thing that will fix your back is time, and maybe steroids from your doctor, unless it's kidney stones. Take care

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - Paul Philco322 - 12-11-2021

If it is muscular occasionally a short prescription for muscle relaxer will allow the aggravated area to de-knot and then the rest will help it feel better. Ask the doc....Nice radio, after lifting that you will only want transistor pocket sets! Take care of yourself.

Pablo

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - OldRestorer - 12-11-2021

Thanks you all,

Im going to have to get it looked out. It's not going away sadly. The radio is definitely a candidate for a bar!!

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - morzh - 12-12-2021

Doesn't look like a 19.

Congrats.

PS. Not a radio for people with busted backs anyway.

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - Arran - 12-17-2021

I think the cabinet was for a All American Mohawk, Seminole model, Bob Andersen has a set with a very similar cabinet. If it were mine I would put out an APB for a Mohawk chassis and use the 19 chassis in a cathedral, the control panel looks original to the Mohawk but I won't swear to it.

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - OldRestorer - 12-18-2021

Amazing Arran!
But now I don't really want it anymore. lol... I may look for the chassis but will I find one?

Kirk

RE: A spontaneous occurrence... - morzh - 12-18-2021

I am sure the chassis is findable.