Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A spontaneous occurrence...

So I damaged my back doing stupid things like..... moving and walking... Sometimes bending. I have been in bed for a while. This started 16 days ago so I have been online for 3 days straight. I have been so good not buying any new radios. Not even table tops! 

Then last night it failed miserably.... 
I was perusing eBay and a Philco popped up with only 3 minutes left. The bid was $50.00 so I threw in a bid and WON! I got it from Willy so I will have to go to the ghetto to pick it up at Greyhound. I don't see that happening with my back. Ill have to bring someone...

This is a model 19 supposedly.

COOOOOL as HECK right?

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Fifty bucks? Well, I don't blame you! Congratulations.

Of course the cabinet is not factory original but is a custom job. Nevertheless, it is still quite unique.

Take care of your back, young man. Hope you feel better soon.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Cool, reminds me of grandma's furniture. Does the rug come with it?

Now, do the side cabinets open into a radiobar as well? Now that would be class! Great grab Kirk! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Nothing seems to keep you down Kirk! Nice find. Hope your back mends soon.

Only thing that will fix your back is time, and maybe steroids from your doctor, unless it's kidney stones. Take care

If it is muscular occasionally a short prescription for muscle relaxer will allow the aggravated area to de-knot and then the rest will help it feel better. Ask the doc....Nice radio, after lifting that you will only want transistor pocket sets! Take care of yourself.

Pablo

Tubetalk1

Thanks you all,

Im going to have to get it looked out. It's not going away sadly. The radio is definitely a candidate for a bar!!

Attached Files Image(s)

As of 1/01/2021

Doesn't look like a 19.

Congrats.

PS. Not a radio for people with busted backs anyway.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I think the cabinet was for a All American Mohawk, Seminole model, Bob Andersen has a set with a very similar cabinet. If it were mine I would put out an APB for a Mohawk chassis and use the 19 chassis in a cathedral, the control panel looks original to the Mohawk but I won't swear to it.

Amazing Arran!
But now I don't really want it anymore. lol... I may look for the chassis but will I find one?

Kirk

As of 1/01/2021

I am sure the chassis is findable.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.