Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 53-566

I recently acquired this AC/DC model.  It had forgotten the words for so long but still hummed loudly.  Changed all the caps and the out of spec resistors.  Both bands play nicely. 

Nice (I think deco) mahogany rather than brown cabinet. I saw those on Ron's website.  Ron, do you know how many of these were produced?
Art

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice radio! Looks almost like it came out of a 50's car dash the way it is shaped. Icon_smile

No matter where you go, there you are.

Too new for art deco, and the styling is all wrong, more like a "Jet Age" style to it. I saw one of the Canadian versions of those for sale on C.L but it was too far away, but it was nice to know that they did sell them here so I will likely find another one day. If they put up the money to tool up for a steel mold to produce Bakelite cabinets, and made them in Canada as well,  then they must have made at least several thousand.
Regards
Arran

(11-26-2014, 03:30 PM)Art Hoch Wrote:  Ron, do you know how many of these were produced?

Sorry, no, I do not. My information only goes through 1948.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4.RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM
40-150 General questions
I think RobB has it right. It is a part number and looks like its stamped on the chassis and that wasn't something you ...klondike98 — 11:41 AM
40-150 General questions
It's most likely a part number. Most of Philco part numbers are in that format. I looked at the parts list for this mode...RodB — 08:10 AM
40-150 General questions
Hi Kevin, No, I don't but I like your Quote about being a good electrician. The way I look at it is "The fact ...MrFixr55 — 08:06 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3013 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 3011 Guest(s)

>