Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 40-135

My radio is in Ron's photo collection and about 17,000+ were manufactured according to R.R.  However, I hardly ever see it mentioned in Philco posts--- a lot more 140-140 and 145s.  Is it considered rare at all?-----surely NOT.
Art

Attached Files Image(s)

Not sure how rare it is but one just sold on the bay for $23 so it did not get bid up to crazy prices.

Ron probably knows the correct break points with relative rarity but my guess is "medium rare"
>20,000 produced fairly common
>10,000-20,000 medium rare
<10,000 pretty rare

JimZ has a good point...I would add that you probably don't see it mentioned much because it isn't a highly desirable radio. That doesn't make it bad...it just means that not a lot of collectors are knocking themselves out trying to get their hands on one.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Yeah...I should have added...rare and desirable are two different things...which is what Ron mentioned.

Edit and Add: What I said may have conveyed the wrong thing. I sure didn't mean to imply the radio^^wasn't "desirable". Heck Ive seen these sell for good $ in nice condition. I meant generally..low production numbers don't always translate to higher values. The other side of that same coin is condition of the example. Ive seen particularly nice examples of fairly common models sell for small fortunes.

Users browsing this thread:
[-]
Recent Posts
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM
40-150 General questions
I think RobB has it right. It is a part number and looks like its stamped on the chassis and that wasn't something you ...klondike98 — 11:41 AM
40-150 General questions
It's most likely a part number. Most of Philco part numbers are in that format. I looked at the parts list for this mode...RodB — 08:10 AM
40-150 General questions
Hi Kevin, No, I don't but I like your Quote about being a good electrician. The way I look at it is "The fact ...MrFixr55 — 08:06 AM
Philco 38-7 Speaker
7K should be fine. While not a perfect match (This transformer is meant for 6V6 tubes), Antique Electronic Supply (AES)...MrFixr55 — 08:03 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2689 online users. [Complete List]
» 3 Member(s) | 2686 Guest(s)

>