Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1940? Montgomery Wards (Belmont) Model 04BR-729A Acquired

Greetings everyone, I just recently acquired a 1940 Montgomery Wards AM/Shortwave Radio Model 04BR-729A radio that seems to be in mostly all original condition including having all of its original chassis mounting screws intact on the bottom yet and still has the original back cover intact yet (including the original Loop Antenna built into the back cover.)

The radio has had some work done to it at some point in time including some replacement capacitors and a replacement power cord (the repairs appear to be older repairs done in the 1950s or 1960s, as it has several of the old blue solar branded paper caps in it, and the power cord is an old Leviton power cord that is from the 1950s or so.)

The radio had all of its original tubes in it yet except the 6SQ7 which was a Philco Replacement from the late 1940s or early 1950s.

Now for the bad, the tone control knob acts like the stop is broken in it, and doesn't work quite right, and when I was trying to remove one of the knobs off the radio so I could remove the chassis so I could clean the controls I accidentally broke the volume control knob which is not good because its a specially made knob where the knob shaft is extra wide in diameter so it can fit into the hole in the dial escutcheon for the knob and I was wondering if anyone here might have some spare knobs like what I need for this radio, and or if someone might be able to 3-D Print one for me.

If you need some detailed pictures of the knobs in question I can supply some pictures.

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/montgomery_04br729a.html