Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Hi-Fi with radio.

I have been trying to find an affordable floor type hi-fi and had this unit offered to me. Offered $30 and it was mine today. It's a slightly battered Philco Hi-Fi with the V-M changer and AM-FM radio in it. In spite of its looks and the phonograph needing some work, the radio works perfectly. Cord was bad, so am using a borrowed cord to test the unit, but it shows no hum and the stations seem dead on. Not sure what model it is. Here's the two pictures the guy emailed me last night:

With a bit of work, I hope to use this unit in my arcade building for music. Was trying for one of those RCA units I found, but the guy wanted way too much and this IS a Philco after all. Icon_smile

No matter where you go, there you are.

It's a 1959 model G1707:
http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1959.htm#ab

Congratulations on your acquisition! Icon_thumbup

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron! That will help with the restoration of the unit. I will be having it gone over quite soon. Icon_smile

Absolutely Snazzy!

Thanks! I noticed this unit has two RCA plugs on the back, one for plugging other items into the unit and one for an external amplifier.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>