Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-1012 question

Morning folks.
I just cleaned up a 42-1012 and the cabinet looks great. I am in the need for a source on the faceplate, buttons and knobs. Being new to this game I don't have much of an idea where to start looking and any help would be grand.
Thanks in advance.
Shepard

Hi

A good source for the buttons and knobs is Old-Time Replications.

http://www.antiqueradioknobs.com/

As for the escutcheon, I'm afraid you are out of luck. No one reproduces that escutcheon, and it is highly unlikely that anyone ever will. It simply isn't in enough demand for anyone to justify reproducing it.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron for your help on the knobs and buttons. Any idea where I might be able to purchase a faceplate?
Shep

Sorry, no...your only hope is a junk set at this point, or find someone who has junked a 1942 Philco console with a 10-pushbutton escutcheon. And even that will probably be warped, thanks to the lousy Tenite plastic Philco used in 1941-42.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Jackson 665 j2 schematic request
FIXED!daveone23 — 03:55 PM
Bakelite crack repair - what is best epoxy?
Thanks everyone. I appreciate you sharing your experience and looks like I'll work with the 24 hr two part clear epoxy....de371 — 10:25 PM
Without a schematic its going to be hard tracing the wire wound spool resistors.daveone23 — 05:21 PM
Looking for a schematic for the 665 j2 multimeter.daveone23 — 04:42 PM
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
>>I'll write to the Henry Ford. I heard, his secretary answers his mail, not he himself.morzh — 12:15 PM
Philco 48-200 alignment questions
Just checked the power cord and I did in fact wire it so the hot side (small prong) goes to the switch.transitony — 11:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll write to the Henry Ford.   That would certainly make sense since by the time this prod...jeibner — 11:49 AM
For what it's worth, the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan may be an option. The obvious ...GarySP — 11:39 AM
Help with Readrite 410 tube tester
Mike and I just had a short discussion yesterday about this very subject. So often it's the connections. Ya gotta have t...RodB — 10:08 AM
We have a regional museum here in the Twin Cities called The Pavek Museum. They have an extensive collection of communic...RodB — 09:30 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3235 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 3234 Guest(s)

>