Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Atwater Kent model 89 3rd type questions

First off Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

Has anyone worked on an AK 89?  I have a few questions.
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...001519.pdf
In the filter choke unit, there is choke #1(480ohms)  #2(1500ohms)  #3(90ohms).  With the wiring in my set the colors don't match up to the chokes.  #2 and #3 are flipflopped.  So the white wire (which was supposed to go to #3)is going to #2 in my set and the red wire is going to #3.  As you can see these values were written in freehand so could they be flopped?  Or should I just go with what the wiring was when I found it.  This set had been worked on before.  A 10uf electrolytic was installed in place of the 2nd 2.3 cap in the filter cap unit under the chassis.
Also If anyone knows the fuse size for this radio by the on-off switch.  Mine was destroyed but it looks like maybe a 3 amp.
One more thing if anyone worked on one of these, is there an easier way to restuff all the bypass cans?  Mine are all rivetted in.  Just wondering.

Thanks for any consideration in advance!!

Dick

Users browsing this thread:
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3955 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 3954 Guest(s)

>