Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 42-380 conflicting wiring vs schematic

All that plus the 600ma filament current for a 6X5! Gather round the heater kids and I'll read you a story.

Thanks for the info Arran.

In checking out the transformer specs I found another post with info on many types.  The installed transformer is not the same part # as the specs and is apparently rated lower on filament current and higher on secondary voltage.   According the the previous post this could have been an attempt by Philco to use up inventory prior to stopping production prior to the war.  Perhaps the rewiring (which I have removed) was related to this.   The schematic  calls for 195Volts on the B+ line and 41's and around 100v on other plates.   I will need to add some resistances to compensate for the rectifier diodes anyway and for the resistance of the speaker field coil.  Getting rid of the 6X5 will reduce filament current load.  If that voltage is high there is plenty of room for a filament transformer.  The main transformer has never apparently been overheated.  Tests fine with a load on my Sencore Powerite.