Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

40-150 General questions

I discovered a stamp on the underside of the breadboard on my Philco 40-150. It is"56-1417' in black ink with numbers about 1/2" tall. Any ideas what
it means?

Attached Files Image(s)

If I weren't a good Electrician, I'd be dead by now! Icon_e_wink

Hi Kevin,

No, I don't but I like your Quote about being a good electrician. The way I look at it is "The fact that I survived to this age after all my escapades, is proof positive of a benevolent and loving God!!!!"

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55

It's most likely a part number. Most of Philco part numbers are in that format. I looked at the parts list for this model and the only part with 56 is the dial pointer. Not being on the parts list probably means it's not replaceable.

I think RobB has it right. It is a part number and looks like its stamped on the chassis and that wasn't something you could order up for replacement. It also does not show up in the 1942 Parts Catalog.

Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Of course! Even the chassis will have a part number. Thanks for your replies. And yes, I do have some serious rewiring to do. All the rubber coated wire insulation turns to dust if I give it a stern look! So glad I didn't plug it in when I got it. Now, lets see if I can still make a good solder joint.

If I weren't a good Electrician, I'd be dead by now! Icon_e_wink