Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Improving Sensitivity in Model 80

In working on a Model 80 AND a Model 84 recently, and comparing the two schematics, I've come up with a way to improve the performance of the 80. It's quick, easy, and painless to do (unless you burn yourself with your soldering iron). Icon_smile

Complete details of this and another performance modification to Model 80 and similar Philcos have now been posted at Chuck's site, the Philco Repair Bench, in the Service Tips section.

https://www.philcorepairbench.com/model-...fications/
https://www.philcorepairbench.com/models...istor-mod/

You may be amazed at what a Model 80 is truly capable of after making these simple mods.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Looks like a very good "Philco Factory Authorised" production change note to me.

[Image: http://www.philcorepairbench.com/images/rms2.gif]
The Engineering Advisory Board at RMS Headquarters concurs. Icon_wink

You should put this in your Tech Notes section here.

Chuck - Just don't call me David Grimes. Icon_wink

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Just wanted to vouch for one of the bulletins just posted. I just performed the service bulletin #44 modification on my 37-84. BIG DIFFERENCE! 8)

I sure like where that resistor is hidden (NOT!).

All in all, it wasn't that difficult a job. With a good antenna, it really sounds good. Thanks again for the info!

Bill

Sent from my Pentium II on the AT&T Dial Network

Great! Glad to hear it worked out for you, Bill. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN