Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Very rare Zenith 829 cabinet restore

A radio collector seen my work on website and said ,that's the guy who's going to refinish my radio. Low and behold he contacted me I excepted and I am all done with it. I will ship it back as soon as the clear has cured out, here it is cabinet only Icon_clap Icon_crazy That's what I am talking about. If I could get 3 or 4 of theses jobs a week I would be doing pretty good for myself

Attached Files Image(s)

Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

A-1 !! As always.

Fred, as usual a lovely job. I can't believe you could do three in a week! Give me a month on one and it wouldn't look that good.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Fred, I think if you really push you cabinet restore skills on social media as well many radio forums. You might even consider Antique radio classified as another way to get your talent advertised. Maybe a you tube video explaing what you can do .
Just throwing out ideas ,maybe you have already considered these. Good luck
By the way great job on the Z

Users browsing this thread:
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4105 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 4103 Guest(s)

>