Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-1012 question

Morning folks.
I just cleaned up a 42-1012 and the cabinet looks great. I am in the need for a source on the faceplate, buttons and knobs. Being new to this game I don't have much of an idea where to start looking and any help would be grand.
Thanks in advance.
Shepard

Hi

A good source for the buttons and knobs is Old-Time Replications.

http://www.antiqueradioknobs.com/

As for the escutcheon, I'm afraid you are out of luck. No one reproduces that escutcheon, and it is highly unlikely that anyone ever will. It simply isn't in enough demand for anyone to justify reproducing it.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron for your help on the knobs and buttons. Any idea where I might be able to purchase a faceplate?
Shep

Sorry, no...your only hope is a junk set at this point, or find someone who has junked a 1942 Philco console with a 10-pushbutton escutcheon. And even that will probably be warped, thanks to the lousy Tenite plastic Philco used in 1941-42.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
My last cabinet for this year
I have been pretty busy this year with cabinet stripping and refinishing.  So far I have done eleven cabinets   This i...Dan Walker — 09:06 AM
Identify Philco Radio
Here you go:  Roughly this is what the chassis looks like w/o all the extras. And it looks like your missing a nut.Radioroslyn — 08:57 AM
BC Resistor
Hi and welcome to the Phorum, Agree w/Dale. If you can check the resistance of the smoldering section you may find th...Radioroslyn — 08:54 AM
Identify Philco Radio
Hello,  Hopefully someone can identify this radio. The tube lineup is 2 - 77 tubes, 1 - 42 tube and 1 - 80 tube assum...dconant — 08:24 AM
Philco 29 or 45
Thanks for the info Bob. Looks like a have a 45 (no shadow). Stuffing old paper caps is a bit more than what I care to d...dconant — 08:05 AM
BC Resistor
As a rule resistors don't burn up for no reason. You need to diagnose what caused it to burn up. BTW, there are three...DaleHCook — 07:07 AM
1930s Stromberg-Carlson Tombstone Radio need help identifying model number
Really, I used to get Setchell Carlson mixed up with Stromberg-Carlson, but never mixed up either one with Stewart Warne...Arran — 01:00 AM
Rebuilding a Rittenhouse RCM-3
Mike, Unfortunately Ron passed away and this site continues to grieve his loss and miss his incredible knowledge.NostalgiaRadioTime — 12:13 AM
Philco 46-480 Cabinet Restoration
I have since gotten the cabinet stained and toned. I saw a video online of another guy renovating a 46-480, and he used ...jrblasde — 07:37 PM
Rebuilding a Rittenhouse RCM-3
Ron - hi, any chance you can discuss the Rittenhouse RCM-3? I know it is 10 years since you did the post. I have one of ...mtk212 — 05:28 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2181 online users. [Complete List]
» 4 Member(s) | 2177 Guest(s)

>