Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unknown Philco Cap

Dera Forum,

This is my first posting here. For the record, I have a 30s Hickock Portalab that contains a Philco Cap without a value appearing but with Part Number 30-4117S..... it is also labeled with 'Outside Foil' printed on it. I haven't located a Schematic yet for the Hickock and I hear the BAMA site might be a good resource for old/obscure equipment? Is there any easy way to look up the type and value of Philco part numbers?

Thanks in advance,

JP

There is a schematic @http://www.nostagiaair.org some of theses smart members will help you on the cap.

Take a look at philcorepairbench.com Lots of great info there.

Lots of great wisdom and experience here.

Dave Casazza
Keep em glowin and goin...

IAM PRETTY SURE IT IS .08 MFD

Thanks for all feedback. A guy from the ARF told me it was a .5MD 400 Volt Tubular and he gave me a url going back to the Philco site. Here it is and what a great resource.

http://www.philcorepairbench.com/papercap.htm

Regards,

JP

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3967 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 3966 Guest(s)

>