Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 40 217 stepper unit

Good afternoon everyone. I am still working at the remote control section of my philco 40 217, it's going ok I was able to rewire the station indicator lamps which was a fairly easy process. The stepper unit is working as in responding to the remote but is having mechanical problems. The topmost gear is not engaging and rotating as it should. When the stepper rely is pressed it will nit move the gear at all just stays in the sane place. It will move a bit with the remote control but then gets stuck. I have lubricated it to get the other parts moving. I am hoping someone who has worked on these sets may have some tips or advice on what to do to get things moving properly. This has been my most challenging restoration yet.  I have adjusted some of the screws marked in red and while there has been an improvement still not auite there. I also need tp give it a good cleaning and lubrication job! I hope I am able to figure this out, I really would like to finally have a working mystery control set! Thanks for any help you all can give me.

Was that same thing in the Facebook yesterday?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.