Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

IF Alignment 41-290

I am attempting to align the IF circuit on a 41-290. All seems to have gone well except it appears there is no sensistivity to adjustment of trimmer 32A (I believe this is a slug in the coil). Is there something wrong since output appears to be unaffected by adjustment of 32A or is this simply the way it is.
The unit appears to play well, I was just surprised that trimmer 32A had no affect.

That slug should have a major effect on sensitivity. Can you see if the slug is actually moving up and down?

Richard

Without removing the IF can, I can't tell if the slug is actually moving. The unit appears to work nicely and I hate to tear into something that might not be broke.

Thanks for your input.

Had the same problem on my 37-610 and opened the can and found a broken coil connection at the trimmer. You will likely find something similar. It will likely be an easy repair.

Richard

Richard

Agree, but you should be able to tell if slug is moving by marking the tool you are moving (It should go up or down depending on how you are turning it.) If you are way out of range it could appear to have no effect. You should be able to read the coil resistances without disassembly of the can. You can also check if there are any shorts between primary and secondary windings. The caps inside are a differrent story. If you do tear this down, just replace 'em.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM
40-150 General questions
I think RobB has it right. It is a part number and looks like its stamped on the chassis and that wasn't something you ...klondike98 — 11:41 AM
40-150 General questions
It's most likely a part number. Most of Philco part numbers are in that format. I looked at the parts list for this mode...RodB — 08:10 AM
40-150 General questions
Hi Kevin, No, I don't but I like your Quote about being a good electrician. The way I look at it is "The fact ...MrFixr55 — 08:06 AM
Philco 38-7 Speaker
7K should be fine. While not a perfect match (This transformer is meant for 6V6 tubes), Antique Electronic Supply (AES)...MrFixr55 — 08:03 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3042 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 3040 Guest(s)

>