Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I just bought another console

I picked up that Rogers radio tonight and it was converted from 6 volt to 110.. I will look it over and see what is up I got it for $30.00
and the dial scale, grill cloth and tubes are worth that..The tube line up is 41M, 75M, 6A7M, 6K7M. Someone had put in a 5Y4 as a rectifier.
My tube tester does not have a setting for the Rogers tubes and I. am not sure if I can use the 41 setting for the 41M[it has an octal base]. I have a precision 10-12 and a Stark 911 tube testers All the Rogers tubes have octal bases. I will report back with my findings.
I did look at that other radio and it is indeed a RCA. I think i called it a Westinghouse because I was looking up the cross reference for the schematic. Thanks Arran
Yes Greg we did meet at the Heritage flea market several times as I used to go there sometimes on Sunday. I see your add on Kijiji
Dan

Hey Dan:
Test your tubes as follows using these settings.
41M use 6k6 settings
75M use 6B6 settings
6A7M use 6A8 settings
6K7M use 6K7 settings

Gregb

Thanks Greg. I have some other Rogers tubes. so If you have any other settings for the Rogers tubes please let me know. email me
And I am looking for a Rogers 6F7 tube

A 75M interchanges with a 6Q7 I believe. Someone had an interchange posted online someplace for Rogers tubes, I remember saving it. As for tube testers some have Rogers tubes listed others do not.
Regards
Arran

I have the Rogers interchange sheet and it states the 75M interchanges with the 6B6G like I said in my first posting. I haven't tried a 6Q7 but the pinout is the same and most likely would work.

Gregb

Rogers/Deforest Crosley/Majestic liked to use two types during their octal tube era, a 6R7M and a 75M, the electrical specs for a 75M are the same as they are for a type #75, which is what the 6Q7 was based around. The 6R7M is the same as a 6R7/6R7G/6R7GT. Some sets used a 6J5M (spray shielded 6J5/6J5G/6J5GT and an 84M. An 84M, in spite of it's number is a spray shielded 6H6G or 6H6GT, not a rectifier tube. In any event Just Radios has an interchange guide for Rogers types that lists a 6Q7 as a sub for a 75M, also a 6B6M, I'm also sure that I saw a metal 6Q7 used in place of a 75M in at least one set I worked on.
Regards
Arran

Thank you Arran I do have the sheet From Just radios and i will use it next time I need to test a tube that is a Rogers. i had just forgot I had it.. Everything in this radio seems to be OK except the 75M was dead and I don't have a sub ,at the moment.