Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Farnsworth ACL-55 1949ish

Anyone know anything about a Farnsworth ACL-55 floor console? I found a schematic but no parts list, tuning inst., etc. It's for sale at $45 but I think I can get it for $30. The cabinet has a few small issues and the plastic bezel is damaged but all the buttons are there, speaker in one piece and the chassis is clean.

Rod

You don't see a lot of Farnsworth sets so parts like the escutcheon (bezel) might be hard to find.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/philco_acl_...2_3c2.html

https://lacrosse.craigslist.org/atq/4852674775.html

At 7 tubes it isn't really a high-end set, but if you like it $30 sounds like a fair price as long as you think the cabinet issues can be easily fixed.
[url=https://lacrosse.craigslist.org/atq/4852674775.html][/url]

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

I agree, $30 seems a good price, especially if the cabinet is in fixable shape.  The schematic and alignment instructions are in Rides volume 11, Farnsworth pages 11-7 and 11-10.  Rider misidentified it as a model ATL-55.  No parts list, although you should be able to find it somewhere.  I'll keep looking.  Icon_eek  Not knowing your level of knowledge, I would say that if you can identify the color codes and read the caps, you probably don't need no stinkin' parts list!  Icon_e_wink

Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

I have often thought of making an escutcheon of wood, or molding, and painting it a complimentary or contrasting color when no replacement is available, a guy like Kirk, that's the ticket.....

Paul

Tubetalk1