Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dual tube for M4 changer

Can you tell me which tube is the dual tube for the radio / phono in a 48-1270 console with M4 changer?  I had it replaced this year, but it seems to have blown again.  The radio was rebuilt last year and the cartridge was done this year.  What might have caused it to fail so soon?

Well there's only 5 dual section tubes in your set. Can you narrow it down a bit???

terry

I need to know which tube switches from radio to phono when you push the button on the console.

Well the actual switching is done by the radio/phono switch of course. The amplifier stages are on all the time they just are amplifying what ever signal is being sent to it. The on line schematics are awful for this set!!! But it's either the 7F7 or the 7AF7. They call the 7AF7 the "phono amp". The 7F7 maybe used for tone compensation but it's hard to tell.

Terry

Thanks, I found my old Photofact from the repairman and it says 7AF7 is the Phono Amp tube and 7F7 is for the "AF Amp", but I don't know what that is (AM band?).  Thanks again, Chris.

AF amp is just a generic term for audio frequency amplifier. So is the 6SQ7 for that matter.
 Terry

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>