Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 20 case restoration question

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the model 20 cathedral had toner shading along the edges on the front and sides. The cabinet is a nice walnut veneer and looks great with just a dark walnut stain and lacquer finish but pictures I have seen seem to show a dark shading along the edges of front and sides. If so what Mohawk color and product would be best to add the shading? Dark Walnut? The transparent toner? Thanks for the help.

Charles Yancey
540-649-1403

That would be the correct shading, I think it has some shading in the grille too. it might make sense to use something lighter then extra dark walnut and get it to the right shade in repeated coats. There must be a medium walnut, if that doesn't work use brown mahogany, it won't look reddish with enough coats.
Best Regards
Arran

Thanks for the follow-up information. I will try and use a medium walnut and see what that does. I may try and get the dark Mahogany as well. Thanks again!

Charles Yancey

For what it's worth, here's a link to a photo of my DeLuxe 20 with original finish, showing the toning. I can't say if the regular 20 panel is done the same way, but I suspect it is.

[Image: http://antiqueradios.com/gallery/d/47796-2/3philc20.jpg]

http://antiqueradios.com/gallery/d/47796-2/3philc20.jpg

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM
40-150 General questions
I think RobB has it right. It is a part number and looks like its stamped on the chassis and that wasn't something you ...klondike98 — 11:41 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3620 online users. [Complete List]
» 4 Member(s) | 3616 Guest(s)

>