Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wood veneer species ?

Hi again! Icon_wave
First of all, a big THANK YOU to Ron for answers my knob questions. Icon_thumbup
Here's my next query; what is the wood species on the 41-788?

Mike

Looks like Mahogany to me..

-Keith

46conehead Wrote:Hi again! Icon_wave
First of all, a big THANK YOU to Ron for answers my knob questions. Icon_thumbup
Here's my next query; what is the wood species on the 41-788?

Mike

On what part of the 41-788's cabinet? From the photo in the gallery it looks like French walnut on most of it, possibly stump walnut near the knobs if that portion is real, do you have an photos of your cabinet?
Regards
Arran

Arran
Thanks, I believe your answer has gotten me close to what I needed.

Took me awhile to research similar woods and get back to you. Thanks again
Mike

Must say, Arran has a good handle on wood varieties.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Philco Model 512 Mandarin Red - LOC Terminal
What is the purpose/Function of the LOC terminal at the upper left of the schematic? I'm sure there is a good explanati...jjfritz5528 — 10:24 PM
Philco 46-480 Power Supply
For the filter caps, for the first rectifier cap my personal recommendation is High ripple electrolytics (Rubycon/Panaso...morzh — 08:16 PM
Philco 46-480 Power Supply
Mr. Fixr, you are right. I looked back at my notes, and it turns out that I did not use type Y caps on my model 49-906's...jrblasde — 06:31 PM
Restoring Philco 38-12 in a wood cabinet
Today I : - stuffed the old tubular caps - stuffed the backelite block (two Y-caps), and - replaced the disk cerami...morzh — 06:30 PM
Tinkering on the Westinghouse H-777N7
Paul, I haven't had issues with 12DT8s on AM and the AM on the Westinghouse is fine, though the chunky rod antenna is ve...Jayce — 05:31 PM
Yep, the 12DT8 is the tube for FM and at least in Zeniths is worn out because they shut the plate off when you switch to...Jayce — 05:25 PM
I have several AM FM tube sets and have wondered about the 12DT8 tube. Many times they play fine on FM but fade to weak ...Paul Philco322 — 05:19 PM
12AT7 vs 12DT8 some books show they are a sub for each other WRONG!  Pin nine on the 12DT8 goes to ground a internal shi...David — 04:47 PM
I love that one Jayce, are the 12DT8's usually problems? I believe that one works in the FM for those style radios? P...Paul Philco322 — 04:17 PM
Model 41-295 rectifier tube 5Z3 vs 80
Thanks rfeenstra. It's up and running with the 80. Very well for a few days but now the speaker has torn. The bass res...FredM — 01:16 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2023 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 2022 Guest(s)

>