Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rebuild Crystal Phono Cartridge Philco 41-605

I have a dead original crystal phono cartridge from a Philco 41-605. I need to have it rebuilt. I have read Syl's tutorial on doing this oneself, and I really don't want to attempt it.

Where can I send the cartridge to pay someone to rebuild it for me?

Thanks,

Mark K8KZ

As I mentioned earlier West-Tech is the only place I know about.  However, Kirk (OldRestorer) has recently announced he has successfully rebuilt a cartridge or two and is even growing his own crystals.  Maybe give him a shout and see if he's ready to take on a trial customer.

http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showth...?tid=14111

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

(03-13-2016, 09:39 AM)Eliot Ness Wrote:  As I mentioned earlier West-Tech is the only place I know about.  However, Kirk (OldRestorer) has recently announced he has successfully rebuilt a cartridge or two and is even growing his own crystals.  Maybe give him a shout and see if he's ready to take on a trial customer.

http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showth...?tid=14111

John,

This morning I contacted West-Tech and Gib sent me an email saying they would rebuild it for $50.  So I think I will go that route.

Thanks,

Mark K8KZ

Quote:This morning I contacted West-Tech and Gib sent me an email saying they would rebuild it for $50.  So I think I will go that route.

Good luck Mark and let us know how it turns out.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Rare zenith 6s137 restore
All of these restorations are two projects. The chassis and the cabinet. You're done with the chassis. I would keep ...RodB — 01:29 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. The transformer tested per your numbers. Checked the wiring and it appears to be good. I’ll move on to checking ...bridkarl — 12:37 PM
GE Model P-975F
There are 2 of these on ePay and several pics on Radiomuseum.  Although the front looks like a very popular Hong Kong ra...MrFixr55 — 09:26 AM
Rare zenith 6s137 restore
Hi Fred, I get things to work, but what you, Russ, RadioSvit and many others on the Phorum do with cabinet and chassis...MrFixr55 — 09:02 AM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi Bridcarl +1 on the others.  Pin 6 of the 7C6 is the AVC Diode so it is appropriate that that pin 4 of the coil con...MrFixr55 — 07:30 AM
462ron
Joseph, this is beyond awesome. A lot of thought and engineering went into this and you hit a home run! Now I must save ...462ron — 07:27 AM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>