Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dual tube for M4 changer

Can you tell me which tube is the dual tube for the radio / phono in a 48-1270 console with M4 changer?  I had it replaced this year, but it seems to have blown again.  The radio was rebuilt last year and the cartridge was done this year.  What might have caused it to fail so soon?

Well there's only 5 dual section tubes in your set. Can you narrow it down a bit???

terry

I need to know which tube switches from radio to phono when you push the button on the console.

Well the actual switching is done by the radio/phono switch of course. The amplifier stages are on all the time they just are amplifying what ever signal is being sent to it. The on line schematics are awful for this set!!! But it's either the 7F7 or the 7AF7. They call the 7AF7 the "phono amp". The 7F7 maybe used for tone compensation but it's hard to tell.

Terry

Thanks, I found my old Photofact from the repairman and it says 7AF7 is the Phono Amp tube and 7F7 is for the "AF Amp", but I don't know what that is (AM band?).  Thanks again, Chris.

AF amp is just a generic term for audio frequency amplifier. So is the 6SQ7 for that matter.
 Terry

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
Hi Kurt Welcome to the Philco Phorum. Lots of phriendly pholks (see a pattern here?) who are happy to help.  Keep posti...MrFixr55 — 08:36 AM
Hello Kurt, Welcome aboard and you have a nice set to start on ! Yes, the bakelite blocks and I too find them fairly...radiorich — 07:12 AM
Getting started on my first Philco here, done some research and hopefully I now know enough to be dangerous.  :) Overal...Kurt P — 01:44 AM
Delco car radio Peko vibrator converstion issues
Richard, I reviewed the Panasonic specification sheets for this type capacitor and though dV/dt is discussed, there a...Chas — 11:48 AM
Philco Shipping Crate
I picked up a nice set of KLH 20 speakers ca 1980, for $40, and a Telefunken 5083W "Allegro" AM FM SW radio, a...MrFixr55 — 10:52 AM
Philco Model 71B
Absolutely looking at replacing the arch veneer and sides. Good luck stripping the front face ... hope the paint hasn't...GarySP — 10:31 AM
1953 Music Masters 620-9 Australian Radio Restore
That's a very interesting radio Buzz. Looking forward to more installments on this one!Eliot Ness — 10:31 AM
Philco Model 71B
OOPs, Dumb me. The title of the post is Model 71B. DUH!! Yes, the 71 uses an autodyne detector, but it is more like t...MrFixr55 — 10:21 AM
Philco Model 71B
Give us a pic or two of the back and such to make a better assessment of it.  So far I'm kinda liking it as it but the s...Radioroslyn — 10:02 AM
Delco car radio Peko vibrator converstion issues
Is the can somehow grounded?morzh — 07:04 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2020 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 2019 Guest(s)

>