Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Knight 600A tester

I think not only rectifier, but the whole tester is a big fat ersatz. Yet, I noticed that all big guys use TV-7, whatever brand it is, I 've bought some tubes with a sellers' stated good measurement on them and they all work fine, power tubes and otherwise. I also went through schematics of the mutual conductance testers, they have much more sophisticated layout, vacuum tubes, etc,whereas mine is as simple as they get.

Without a doubt the TV-7 is a much better tester than your present tester but at a much higher cost. Be carefully buying one because they, just like yours, need to be properly restored and calibrated to provide the expected results.

Gregb

The venerable Hickoks are also a good bet.

And hickok as a TV-7, only it measures not in uMhos but in its own units, which can be dealt with, just not as convenient.

i have a Knight also and believe it's a 600 as there's no model number on it . i am told it works but i haven't tried it yet as i can't find a proper manual,calibration set up and tube lists . the ones i have come across aren't very good , like to find someone with a original manual and calibration,tube lists . the would send me a copy .

cantonkid

http://www.electronixandmore.com/misc/index.php?item=26

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/knight/600tube/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j3gGb2Uoto

sam

Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift
mafiamen2

thanks Sam

ok i got the manual, the parts list is blurry and hard to see , i want to replace all the resistors caps before i go any farther
anyone have a original copy that they can scan the parts list for me , it would really help me
thanks in advance

(02-09-2017, 04:33 PM)cantonkid Wrote:  ok i got the manual, the parts list is blurry and hard to see , i want to replace all the resistors caps before i go any farther
anyone  have a original copy that they can scan the parts list for me , it would really help me
thanks in advance

C-1  Capacitor, paper, .1 MFD, 400V
R-1  Resistor, l00K ohms, l/2 watt
R-2  Resistor, 270K ohms, 1/2 watt
R-3  Resistor, 51 ohms, 1/2 watt, 5%
R-4  Potentiometer, 200 ohms, wirewound, 2 watt .
R-5  Resistor, 470 ohms,1/2 watt,± 5%
R-6  Resistor, 1500 ohms, 1/2 watt,  5% ..
R-7  Resistor, wirewound, 2500 ohms, 7 watt
R-8  Resistor, 5100 ohm, 1/2 watt,  5%
R-9  Resistor, 1000 ohms, 1/2 watt,  5%
R-10  Control, calibration; 1200 ohms
R-11  Resistor, 68K ohms, 1/2 watt
R-12  Control, line adjust; 175 ohms, 25 watt

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"