Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cabinet rubber cushion replacement

I am a new member.  I collect Philco radios as well as others.  While working on cabinets I'd like to replace old or missing rubber cushions on the bottom.  Any recommendations on web sites for sources?

Hi and welcome!

Renovated Radios should be your first stop for these parts.

http://www.renovatedradios.com/parts.html

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Appreciate the guidance.  Thank you !!

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

On the cabinet bottom or the chassis bottom? For the bottom of the cabinet you can find those in most hardware stores or home improvement centers, sometimes even dollar stores. For the corner cushions of Philco chassis Renovated Radios is one outlet, Radio Daze another, since it's a specialty item. If it's the generic large rubber washers there are a number of sources for those, AES has them, as does Radiodaze and Renovated Radios, other source might be McMaster-Carr or fleabay.
Regards
Arran

Arran --- Thank you for the guidance. I actually need those under the cabinet and will check out HD or Ace. But appreciate the other recommendations also.

Cordially

Mike

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Correct model 84 Ac plug an cord type
From what I read Philco went to using brown rubber power cords in 1936, so cloth was used in the 1935 and earlier models...Arran — 11:25 PM
Hi Bruce, I have not worked on an 84, but in general, power cords for almost any radio prior to 1938 was cloth covered...MrFixr55 — 08:34 PM
Restoring Philco 38-14
OK, well, so after staring at the sch again, I realized the problem had to be the #12/12A padder. I put a scope on the o...morzh — 08:15 PM
Hello Bruce, I mostly use brown far as my cloth powercords go ! Here is the plug that I have used bakelite Acorn style...radiorich — 08:05 PM
Looking for as correct as can find the right Ac plug an the correct colored cloth line. Ive seen many old photos but mos...Bruce — 04:13 PM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Rod Two Y-caps make sense if you use them from L/N to the chassis; this is only makes sense in the transformer radios...morzh — 10:11 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Mike, I'm curious about a specific use of he Y cap. Lately I've seen a single cap across the power transformer primary. ...RodB — 09:01 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
hello morzh , That sounds like a plan ! Sincerely Richardradiorich — 07:45 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Richard, It helped some, but I still had the whining when engaging the rear power strip (I did not realize it was fro...morzh — 07:07 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Hello morzh, Yes , that dreaded hum in my room where i do alighment I have my cable modem and router plus desktop plus ...radiorich — 11:25 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>