Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 40-95T

What kind of wood am I working with? What color lacquer should I use for the refinished surface? What is the appropriate grill cloth? How does one operate one of these battery radios? Thanks for the advice. David Woodward

The wood is walnut veneer. The proper color toning lacquer to use would be Medium Walnut or Perfect Brown on the body, with Extra Dark Walnut on the bottom trim.

I'm pretty sure Grillecloth.com still stocks the large "diamond" pattern identical to the cloth your set should use - check there to see.

I am not trying to be a smart-you-know what...but you would operate this radio the same way you would an AC radio. The only difference is that batteries are required. I suggest you contact Bill (batterymaker). He is a member of this Phorum. You could send him a PM through the Phorum, or just send him an email:

batterymaker AT gmail DOT com

He can make a reproduction battery for your radio. Contact him for details.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for the help.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>