Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 23X

Well from the "farm fresh" category, I present one Philco 23X found on farm outside of Tracy, CA and had for $40.

Pros: All the parts seem to be there.
Though incredibly weathered and delaminated in areas there is almost no missing veneer.
Speakers in tact
Grillcloth in tact
Accoustic grill in back is all there

Cons:
Weathered and delaminated
Will need to reattach top and door.
Record player is going to need a ton of work

I never pictured myself owning one Philco radio-phonograph combination much less three!

Thank you to Ron Ramirez for his sage advice as I was debating whether to make the three hour drive for this player.

Attached Files Image(s)

ah..yes...that will be a good one!
nice find.

Great find! That will certainly be a lot of work to restore but well worth the effort I think.

Last picture- 2 spiders- trying to decide if they are brown recluse- we have them in our house also...
-Simon

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3866 online users. [Complete List]
» 3 Member(s) | 3863 Guest(s)

>