Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 38-116 amp

of the top of someone's head dose any one know how many amps the 38-116 would pull
benny

It is rated for 165 watts of power so divide that by 120 volts and you get 1.375 amps.

+1 Rod
The quick and dirty way to figure it is to figure 100 watts = 1 amp so 165 watts = 1.65 amps. If you calculate it exactly and you are thinking about adding a fuse you'll want to add a bit for surge current when you first flip the switch or use slow blow fuses.

GL

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

If I remember correctly, I put a 2 amp SB in mine.

The power transformer is rated at 115V. I do not know if the label says 120V so I have to go by 115V.

This means that at 115V this is 1.4 Amp.

Rod:

The radio is not a constant power device, but is pretty much an active load, so as the voltage grows the power grows too.
Therefore, at 120V the current will be 1.46A and the power will be 175W.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

ok thanks everyone your reply is what I was thinking it should be at 115 volts i am pulling just under 1 amp this is the most i have seen a radio pull I am use to battery sets or radios like a philco 90 pulling les amps. I have 129 volts ac coming out o f the wall so i run all my radios on a variac I have a friend that works for pso and he said that is because everyone is running more items in there home