Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Schematic Needed

I just purchased this Philco but I’m confused as to what schematic is required. There is a label inside the cabinet that reads Model 89 Series 19 and that is also marked by someone on the chassis as well. The issue is the schematic I downloaded doesn’t fit to what I’m looking at with my radio.

http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...013877.pdf

The tubes in this radio are 2-39/44, 80, 42, 75 and a 36
I’m including photos of the cabinet and chassis. This radio has had work done previously and only has three bakelite blocks in it as opposed to what the schematic from Nostagiaair shows. I would also like to know about the two blue circled capacitors. I’m unfamiliar with them and assume they should be replaced?

I’m very new to this hobby so any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

It is a Model 19 Code 128. I can tell because of the two phenolic boards under the chassis with multliple resistors and some capacitors on each.

Here is the factory service data.

You should also take a look at this page.

That's a neat cabinet, by the way.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks very much Ron. All good now!

The circled capacitors are disk ceramics and need not be replaced. These were installed somewhat recently and are replacements for the original paper capacitors. Likewise the rectangular mica capacitors usually do not need replacement.

Looks like someone repaired this radio not that long ago as the electrolytics are also modern replacements.

Thanks Mondial
After reading your comments I did some research about ceramic disk caps and was surprised to read how stable and reliable they are. Much appreciated.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Help with Readrite 410 tube tester
I fixed it. The filament selector switch is not that great of quality. Cleaned it and it takes some fiddling with to get...daveone23 — 06:58 AM
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
It's a vacuum tube set and it's over 60 years old.  My uncle acquired it for my parents when Philco was done with it, an...jeibner — 10:24 PM
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
Hi J Eibner, Welcome to the Phorum.  Lots of Phriendly Pholks with Phine (See a pattern here?) advice. It is very...MrFixr55 — 09:54 PM
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
Or you can do what Terry suggests. Thx Terry for remembering that. A lot cheaper. I remember an article about that, b...MrFixr55 — 09:07 PM
Philco 48-200 alignment questions
Thanks to everybody for all the info so far. RodB, thanks for the additional info. I worked on this radio years ago a...transitony — 08:40 PM
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
Now that I've been thinking about it somewhere I saw a replacement made using a section of pvc pipe and a cap to cover t...Radioroslyn — 08:25 PM
Terry's gimmick cap is two insulated wires twisted together about 2 inches long, one wire attaches to the generator outp...RodB — 07:46 PM
Hi, in this case I would be certain that pin 7, which is B-, of the 14A7 is not "hot". If it is then reverse t...RodB — 07:39 PM
Yup. The gimmick is to take the place of the 100mmfd cap you don't have.Radioroslyn — 07:34 PM
Thanks for the reply Terry. Yes I am definitely using an isolation transformer. If I work with your method and connec...transitony — 07:29 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3007 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 3006 Guest(s)

>