Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi All!

Hey everyone, new here, as the owner of a vintage 47-1227 Philco, I have the radio bug. I am currently looking for another model to compliment the one I have. I have been contacted by a seller who has a Crosley 1930s model, and it really looks nice from the pictures. They said they have restored it, and do it for a hobby. I definately plan on buying one already restored, since I do not currently have the time or know-how to restore one myself. Here are some pictures of it, id love to get some expert opinions on it, and if you think I should get it! Thanks again! Icon_smile

http://img64.imageshack.us/i/radio1u.png/

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/radio2c.png/

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/radio3p.png/

**I survived because I was tougher than everybody else**

--Bette Davis

It looks like a 32-34 year model console based on the model 125 or 167 chassis. I say this only from the escutchion and knob spacing and arrangement. This radio looks like it is in good shape, but would need more info/pics.

Either way, although it is uncommon, it is not what I would consider a valuable set. But that's just me. If the price was right, it would be a nice addition for some collectors.

Welcome RF, That set looks to be in nice shape. Those types of radios usually go for very reasonable prices so if you like the looks why not get it? That chassis is so small that it would be easy to work on if necessary.

Phil aka Philbert Q. Desenex - Twin Cities, MN

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>