Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-630 chassis separation

Hello all. I'm restoring a Philco 37-630 chassis. It's the one with the rectifier on top of the transformer and the tuner module has a subchassis. The question is simple. Does anyone have a slick way to get the tuner chassis and subchassis separated as to facilitate recapping the chassis's or is it chassi. Either way, this is challenging recap. As always, thanks Steve

Others have done far more of these than I and I'm sure can chime in with their own techniques. Bottom line is you're going to have to disconnect a number of wires to separate the sub chassis totally from the main chassis. So the best thing you can do is label each wire you disconnect with a small piece of tape, number them, make a sketch showing each numbered wire to ensure you know where it came from / where it's going. The more detailed your notes / sketches are, the better off you'll be when it comes time to reassemble. Be patient, and don't try rushing through it. Take your time and you'll have success.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Take pictures...take LOTS of pictures! And as Greg siad, notes and label wires.

Most likely the rubber mounting grommets are hard and crumbly. Reproduction ones can be bought from Renovated Radios.

I colored coded all the wires and did take lots of pictures. It's back together and waiting for the new grommets. Thanks again to all

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Radiola 18 Amplifier & PS
Thank you for the information, it all helps, although understanding some of it takes time. One reason for doing the PS a...TN Allen — 09:42 AM
462ron
Hi Mike, the radio is coming along nicely but wow, you must have some serious moisture in your shop judging by the amoun...462ron — 06:29 AM
Restoring Philco 37-604C
Have rebuilt the can. The can had 4 caps in it, 2x16uF, 10uF and 8uF. I used a 15uF as the first cap, 22uF and 10uF ...morzh — 09:38 PM
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
The flat copper wires are from the hum bucking coil. All of the other resistances seem to be OK.Radioroslyn — 04:15 PM
Help with weston 669
I need help with my 669 meter. I recapped it becausing it was pegging the meter out. Now the neon light comes on (not su...daveone23 — 02:42 PM
I may be incorrect but you should measure around few ohms for the voice coil. In addition you may have a hum bucking coi...RodB — 02:29 PM
Philco 10 car radio head key
I recently acquired a 1932-33 Philco 10 Transitone car radio. The head has a key slot and the key is missing. I found a ...Keandkafu — 01:33 PM
Well it looks like I jumped the gun.  :lol:   Brought it up slowly on a variac and at about 30V it was drawing .24A and ...Kurt P — 12:30 PM
Viscount 1240 melting battery
Around here Costco sells Duracell so we don't buy them there. Usually wait for the Pink Bunny to put his on sale.RodB — 09:49 AM
Viscount 1240 melting battery
Hello Guys, I have bought batteries from costco to have one leak in the package before even openning the package ! S...radiorich — 07:18 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4000 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 3999 Guest(s)

>